@angelicinsights on Twitter gave me the Honest Scrap Award about a week ago. As I understand this award, it’s for scrappy bloggers who let people really see who they are. I’m grateful to Sue and Pippin for thinking of my human and me for this award, but it comes with CONDITIONS.
My human insisted that I approach the Honest Scrap Award thoughtfully, so I’ve been thinking all this time about who inspires me to allow myself to be in harmony with myself. (My human always overthinks things. I’d have posted right away if she hadn’t butted in.)
I’ll try to fulfill the two conditions of receiving the award: listing 10 honestly true things about me (I may share about my human also, hee hee hee), and passing the award on to 10 other bloggers. I could pass the Honest Scrap Award on to lots of my anipals, but I see that some of them have already received it, like my great bear pal Henry, and I want to share the love as widely as possible.
First, 10 things about me (and my human):
1. I weigh nine pounds and look orange in some light and more golden in other light.
2. My human was a natural blonde and dyed her hair red for a long time, so we match kind of.
3. I like natural toys better than the fancy toys my human buys me. Give me a pecan and I’m good for a week.
4. My human enjoys eating MUCH more than I do. Sometimes she holds my bowl for me so that I will stay focused to finish my meal.
5. I enjoy flowers. I sniff them, rub on them, eat them, and anything else I can do with them.
6. My human prefers hanging out with us to most other activities. She is unlikely to bond with anyone who doesn’t love animals. She communicates with us really well because she is open to communication that doesn’t rely on spoken or written language. We like to tell her what we think.
7. I growl at Belle every time I see her. Sometimes I whack her, but I don’t put a lot of force into it. I don’t know why I’m not fond of Belle. She is very pretty.
8.I have only lived here at this house, but my human has lived in lots of places and traveled to even more. The last place she went was India. This summer she’s going to Canada.
9. I followed Karma out the second-floor window once. We scared Upstairs Human, but we lived through the experience. I don’t pay as much attention to Karma now that I am getting bigger.
10. I love my human. I would not have made it in the street cat’s life and because of my human, I didn’t have to.
I would like to give Honest Scrap Award to:
1. http://angelicinsights.blogspot.com (back atcha!)
2. http://boriskitty.blogspot.com/ (Boris is a big kitty with a big heart. His people have big hearts, too.)
3. http://consciouscat.net/ (I love the post on meditating with your cat, and I love #purrs4peace)
4. http://web.me.com/javaspot/JavaTheCat/Meow.html (Java makes menus for pawpawties, and she profiled ME on her site.)
5. http://kittehboi.blogspot.com/ (Mr. Breeze and his sisfurs and his lady make me laugh. I’m not as brave as he is.)
6. http://boomerandteikas.blogspot.com/ (Boomer and Teika have a great mom.)
7. http://understandblue.blogspot.com/ (Generosity and creativity!)
8. @katieboocat is my best friend on Twitter. She doesn’t have a blog, but she’s a great microblogger and she promised never to jump on my head.)
9. http://orangecatblues.com/ (Is wise and creative, too.)
10. http://takethef.com/ (a photographer with a great love of kitties)