Mushrooms

Our human’s friend Pete told her this story today

There was a monk at St. John’s Abbey who once gathered wild mushrooms, cooked and served them to a small group of monk friends… before eating they thought it best to test some on a friendly cat… who ate them with gusto. Deeming the mushrooms safe, the monks ate. Then the cat got quite sick about an hour later. Fearing the worst, the monks went and had their stomachs pumped, upon their return they found that the cat’s “sickness” was that she was giving birth to kittens.

Thos monks must have felt silly. Still, humans need to be careful what they pick up off the ground and eat.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s